- Carriers & Accessories
- Baby & Toddler Carriers
Your Amazon Prime 30-day FREE trial includes:
Unlimited Premium Delivery is available to Amazon Prime members. To join, select "Yes, I want a free trial with FREE Premium Delivery on this order." above the Add to Basket button and confirm your Amazon Prime free trial sign-up.
Important: Your credit card will NOT be charged when you start your free trial or if you cancel during the trial period. If you're happy with Amazon Prime, do nothing. At the end of the free trial, you will be charged £95/year for Prime (annual) membership or £8.99/month for Prime (monthly) membership.
- To view this video download Flash Player
LittleLife Traveller S4 Child Carrier | Baby Carrier, Grey & Sun Shade for All Child Carriers,Grey
- + LittleLife Sun Shade
Purchase options and add-ons
About this item.
- Product 1: Lightweight, compact child back carrier, ideal for travel and when space is limited. Suitable for children aged 6 months to 3 years
- Product 1: Fully adjustable back system which is suitable for adults 1.57-1.80m / 5’2”-5’11”
- Product 1: X-buckle, 5-point harness with anchor point for stability. Complies with BS EN 13209: 2004 and BS EN 71-3: 1994 safety standards
- Product 1: Classified as hand baggage by most airlines. Dimensions: 280 x 260 x 510 mm | Weight: 2.0 kg | Max load 15 kg
- Product 2: The LittleLife child carrier sun shade is compatible with all LittleLife child carriers. On sunny days keep your little one protected from harmful UVA and UVB rays with this easily added canopy
- Product 2: With a UPF 50 rating this will protect your little cargo from harmful sun rays, making it the perfect shaded spot for an afternoon nap
- Product 2: Lightweight, compact and easy-to-use, with high quality aluminium poles included
- Product 2: Instructions for use: 1) PREPARATION: Remove from the carry bag and unfold. 2) ASSEMBLE THE FRAME: The tubular frame is folded into sections and joined with an elastic cord. Align each section with the next and push together to form a smooth join. 3) FIT TO THE CARRIER: Insert the two pole ends into the rectangular pockets on the carrier (located at either side of the carrier on the side wings). 4) SECURE IN PLACE: Locate the two Velcro straps at the base of the front panel. Pass the straps through the rectangular plastic loops on each side of the carrier (located behind the adult’s shoulder straps). Fasten the Velcro to secure in place
- Lightweight, compact child back carrier, ideal for travel and when space is limited. Suitable for children aged 6 months to 3 years
- Fully adjustable back system which is suitable for adults 1.57-1.80m / 5’2”-5’11”
- X-buckle, 5-point harness with anchor point for stability. Complies with BS EN 13209: 2004 and BS EN 71-3: 1994 safety standards
- Classified as hand baggage by most airlines. Dimensions: 280 x 260 x 510 mm | Weight: 2.0 kg | Max load 15 kg
- Includes large and small pockets with ample storage, top grab handles & soft face pad
- Das Sonnendach der LittleLife Kindertrage ist mit allen LittleLife Kindertragen kompatibel. An sonnigen Tagen schützen Sie Ihr Kind vor schädlichen UVA- und UVB-Strahlen mit diesem einfach anzubringenden Sonnendach.
- Mit einem UPF 50 schützt er Ihre kleine Fracht vor schädlichen Sonnenstrahlen und ist damit der perfekte schattige Platz für ein Mittagsschläfchen.
- DO NOT MACHINE WASH
- Fastening: Hook and Loop
- Model number: L10611
- Leicht, kompakt und benutzerfreundlich, mit hochwertigen Aluminiumstangen im Lieferumfang
- Anweisungen für den Gebrauch: 1) VORBEREITUNG: Aus der Tragetasche nehmen und aufklappen. 2) ZUSAMMENBAU DES RAHMENS: Der röhrenförmige Rahmen ist in Abschnitte gefaltet und mit einer elastischen Schnur verbunden. Richten Sie die einzelnen Teile aneinander aus und schieben Sie sie zusammen, um eine glatte Verbindung herzustellen. 3) AN DEN TRÄGER ANPASSEN: Stecken Sie die beiden Stangenenden in die rechteckigen Taschen des Trägers (die sich auf beiden Seiten des Trägers an den Seitenflügeln befinden). 4) SICHERN: Die beiden Klettverschlüsse an der Unterseite der Frontplatte anbringen. Führen Sie die Gurte durch die rechteckigen Kunststoffschlaufen auf jeder Seite des Tragesitzes (hinter den Schultergurten des Erwachsenen). Schließen Sie den Klettverschluss, um ihn zu befestigen.
Buy it with
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Technical details, additional information, warranty & support, product description.
LittleLife Traveller S4 Child Carrier | Baby Carrier, Grey When not used to carry a child, this clever child back carrier looks like a regular backpack – it is both compact and discreet. Simply unzip the main compartment to reveal the child’s seat in this Traveller S4 Child Carrier. This clever design incorporates a hidden frame and fully padded back system, as well as the patented x-buckle for enhanced comfort for adult and child. Ideal for air travel as it is classified as hand baggage by most airlines. The Traveller S4 is an upgraded design of the S3 child carrier. LittleLife Sun Shade For All LittleLife Child Carriers,Grey The Little Life child carrier sun shade is compatible with all Little Life child Carriers. On sunny days keep your Little One Protected from harmful UVA And UVB rays With this easily added canopy. With a up 50 rating this will protect your Little cargo from harmful sun rays, making it the perfect shaded spot For an afternoon Nap.
From the manufacturer
LittleLife Traveller S4 Child Carrier | Baby Carrier, Grey
When not used to carry a child, this clever child back carrier looks like a regular backpack – it is both compact and discreet. Simply unzip the main compartment to reveal the child’s seat in this Traveller S4 Child Carrier. This clever design incorporates a hidden frame and fully padded back system, as well as the patented x-buckle for enhanced comfort for adult and child. Ideal for air travel as it is classified as hand baggage by most airlines. The Traveller S4 is an upgraded design of the S3 child carrier.
LittleLife Sun Shade For All LittleLife Child Carriers,Grey
The Little Life child carrier sun shade is compatible with all Little Life child Carriers. On sunny days keep your Little One Protected from harmful UVA And UVB rays With this easily added canopy. With a up 50 rating this will protect your Little cargo from harmful sun rays, making it the perfect shaded spot For an afternoon Nap.
Looking for specific info?
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings, help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness.
No customer reviews
- UK Modern Slavery Statement
- Amazon Science
- Sell on Amazon
- Sell on Amazon Business
- Sell on Amazon Handmade
- Sell on Amazon Launchpad
- Supply to Amazon
- Protect and build your brand
- Associates Programme
- Fulfilment by Amazon
- Seller Fulfilled Prime
- Advertise Your Products
- Independently Publish with Us
- Host an Amazon Hub
- › See More Make Money with Us
- Instalments by Barclays
- Amazon Platinum Mastercard
- Amazon Classic Mastercard
- Amazon Currency Converter
- Payment Methods Help
- Shop with Points
- Top Up Your Account
- Top Up Your Account in Store
- COVID-19 and Amazon
- Track Packages or View Orders
- Delivery Rates & Policies
- Amazon Prime
- Returns & Replacements
- Manage Your Content and Devices
- Amazon Mobile App
- Customer Service
- United Arab Emirates
- United States
- Conditions of Use & Sale
- Privacy Notice
- Cookies Notice
- Interest-Based Ads Notice
- Subscribe For 10% Off
- Free Standard Delivery
Freedom S4 Child Carrier
Order within [time] for delivery by [date] with Next Day Delivery .
Designed for all-day use, the Freedom S4 is a premium child carrier with an airflow backsystem to keep you cool during lengthy walks. This high-spec carrier offers plenty of features, including ample storage for supplies, foot stirrups, viewing mirror and the patented x-buckle harness system making it a great child carrier for hiking. In addition the carrier has an adjustable head rest and a built-in easy-pull sun shade.
Note for Parents:
- Compare child carriers with our Comparison Chart
Built-in easy-pull sun shade, viewing mirror and stirrups included
- More Carrier Accessories available separately
- Top grab handles and soft face pad
- Adjustable, anatomically shaped child seating area
- Hypalon® toy loops and accessory pocket
- Pivoting hip belt for comfort whilst walking
- Bottle pocket and side grab handles
- Large base pocket for essentials
- Anchor point adds stability when placing and taking out child
- Child neck support
- Adjustable air-flow backsystem
Delivery & Returns
- Share on twitter
- Share on facebook
- Share on pinterest
If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason, we will gladly accept your return within 30 days by completing the Returns Form .
For full terms and conditions please see our Delivery & Returns policy.
75 x 33 x 32cm
Suitable for ages:
6 months - 3 years
Rear view mirror:
Child Carrier Comparison Chart
You may also like
Your bag is empty.
Have an account?
Log in to check out faster.
Calculated at checkout
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Littlelife Freedom S4 back carrier review
- Maeve Tordoff
In a nutshell
A robust and well-design baby back carrier that is comfortable for you and your little one and packed with handy additional features
What we tested
- Secure harness, anatomically shaped seat, head support, built-in storage, sun shade, excellent padding, adjustable fit, tough fabric
- Bit awkward to get on and off without help, can’t interact with child when wearing it so better for older babies and toddlers
Latest deals from trusted retailers
Showing item 1 of 10
Key features of the Littlelife Freedom S4 baby back carrier:
- Age suitability : 6 months until 3/4 years (20kg)
- Weight : 2.7 kg
- Features : Retractable sunshade; airflow back system; bottle pocket; toy loops; base pocket
- Suitable for adult height : 1.57 - 1.87m (5'2" - 6'2")
- Total cost : £189.99
Littlelife is a brand that has earned a reputation over 25 years for top quality baby and toddler back carrier equipment. A growing range of choices includes a range of carriers with lightweight yet sturdy tubular aluminium frames priced between £100 and £200. It also keeps little ones amused with its range of fun animal-shaped toddler ‘daysacks’, safety equipment such as reins disguised as mini backpacks and colourful ID wrist straps.
With a son of six months and a daughter of three we don’t travel quite as light as we used to. However, as we strive to build little bits of adventure into our lives, we are always on the look out for kit that enables us to be active and outdoors as much as possible.
We have a regular front-carrying sling for everyday use but for longer walks a more supportive and robust option really starts to make sense.
Buyer’s guide to baby carriers
A sturdy travel companion, the Littlelife Freedom S4 carrier is designed for babies aged six months to three years. Product rivals include the Phil&Ted’s Escape (£179) and the Osprey Poco AG Premium (£300), premium carriers which are designed to allow the wearer and the little person cargo a comfortable and enjoyable trip.
Lighter weight options such as the Mountain Buggy Juno (£120), which is designed to carry children of up to four years of age, also wrestles for space in this market.
You can buy the Littlelife Freedom S4 from Littlelife , Pramworld, and Amazon .
First impressions of the Littlelife Freedom S4 carrier?
The framed back carrier gives the impression of a safe and comfortable piece of equipment for both parent and child. It has so many features that it can be initially intimidating but once you’ve tinkered with various straps, clips and bits of Velcro, it is a straightforward piece of kit.
Watch how to use the sunshade on the Littlelife Freedom S4
It is described as being suitable for all-day use – could you use it all day, do you think.
Yes, depending on how happy your child is being up on your back. My 6-month old had limited tolerance for being up on the back, away from eye contact. However, I believe an older child would enjoy the experience of watching the world going by from up on high. Added to that, the myriad range of built in features include lots of padding, a fun animal print on the head rest and toy loops.
Tell us about the airflow back system – did it keep you cool?
The high spec fabric is designed to wick away sweat and allow air flow and it did keep me dry even when walking little one up some steep hills.
How many seating options does it have?
One. Your child sits in the carrier and faces forwards against the wearers back, looking out over their shoulders.
Front or back carrier – which should I choose?
How easy is it to put on and take off?
There are instructions on how to put the carrier on and off by oneself but I didn’t feel confident with doing this. When there are two adults involved it is a super simple operation.
Can you put it on and take it off by yourself?
Theoretically, you can take this carrier on and off by yourself and there is a thoughtful anchor point to place your foot on and enable additional stability when you put the child in and out.
However, I felt nervous about that manoeuvre and opted for help from my partner.
How is the weight of the carrier – is it light/heavy?
It is 2.7kg and in back carrier terms, this is a reasonably light-weight option. The carrier feels similar in weight to a good quality travel ruck-sac and is similarly structured to distribute weight well across the wearer’s body so it feels comfortable to carry even with a baby or toddler inside.
Does one size fit all?
It is suitable for adults between 1.57 and 1.87 metres (5'2" - 6'2"). It certainly felt comfortable for me 1.70 (5’7”) and my partner 1.82 (6’).
Is it comfortable for your little one?
Yes, the little person is given a carefully designed seat, a comfortable harness, a neck rest and a face pad.
What do you think of the face pad and neck support?
This product comes up trumps on comfort for the child and the neck support and face pad are part of this.
Is it comfortable for you?
Yes, this is a product designed for comfort and the fact it is light to begin with, coupled with the hip and lumbar support, mean it scores high in the comfort stakes.
Would you be able to use it comfortably for long hikes and active holidays?
Yes, for as long as your child is happy. It is super comfortable for the wearer and therefore worth bearing in mind that the child might well tire of the arrangement before you do.
How does it compare to other carriers you have used?
With the pivoting hip belt, lumbar support and clever ventilation, it is definitely up there in the comfortable to wear stakes. It also has lots of adaptable aspects - it can accommodate wearers who are between 1.57 and 1.87 metres (5'2" - 6'2") – and gives good protection for the child come rain or shine. It is a little tricky to put on, though, and does not stand up alone unless you are anchoring it with your foot.
7 of the best back carriers for babies and toddlers
What do you think of the design?
The carrier looks fun and functional. It is clearly hard wearing as well as cutting a sporty silhouette.
Is the base pocket big enough to carry all your essentials?
Yes, you can stash both baby essentials like nappies, wet wipes and sun cream along with those things you would normally have in a handbag: keys, wallet and phone. There is room for plenty of snacks, bit of clothing and the odd luxury too!
What do you think of the shoulder straps and hip belt?
I found the hip belt and shoulder straps comfortable and easy to adjust.
Would you recommend this carrier to someone with a child of a particular age?
I think a baby a little older than my bundle of joy would feel happier riding around in adventurous style and I look forward to him growing into it. Things like the soft face pad, adjustable ‘X-buckle’ harness system and sun shade, give comfort and security to little people of varying ages. Features such as the leg stirrups and toy loops offer thoughtful extras to toddlers.
Is it easy to clean?
Yes, the fabric is wipeable. Littlelife advises brushing away dirt and cleaning the carrier with a damp cloth. The face pad is detachable and washable.
Is it compact and easy to store?
This is not a carrier for those short on space. It is rigid so it won’t fold neatly away but it will squash into places e.g. a cupboard or the boot of a car.
How effective is the built-in sun shade?
The sunshade functions as a roomy area of shade above the little one’s head and shoulders.
What’s in the box?
- A one-piece backpack child carrier
Is it easy/hard to set up the product?
It is easy to get to grips with the Freedom S4. It is straightforward to unpack the product and start using it right away. As well as a concise, helpful instruction booklet, there are videos available online which help with anything that is not intuitive.
Who would the product be most useful for?
Older babies and toddlers up to the age of three approx. The maximum load for this carrier is 20kg.
Is there anything unique about this product?
Like many other carriers in this market, there is an emphasis on load bearing design. Built in comfort extras are also seemingly must-have details and the Freedom S4 has features such as sunshade and foot stirrups keep the child secure and happy.
What is the price?
Littlelife prices this carrier at £189.99. Everything is included in the price.
Perfect for stowing away little people and all the other essentials for a fun day’s hiking. Great quality and design deliver comfort and security for both the wearer and the precious cargo inside. Lots of handy additional features such as spacious storage compartments, sun shade and toy loops means your little one doesn’t have to rough it. Fun and functional. Let the journey begin.
Looking for more ways to carry your little one?
- 10 of the best baby carriers
- BabyBjorn Carrier One Outdoors review
- Ergobaby Performance review
MadeForMums product reviews are independent, honest and provide advice you can have confidence in. Sometimes, we earn revenue through affiliate (click-to-buy) links. However we never allow this to influence our coverage. Our reviews and articles are written by parents who are professional journalists, and we also include feedback from our parent community and industry experts.